The DataLounge contains our repository of all QuantityWare software versions, CSPs, Notes and Custom Patches. You can use the DataLounge to download these files and their supplemental information (tech notes, installation instructions etc).
Accessing the DataLounge
You can access the DataLounge as follows:
- Click “DataLounge” in the navigation menu
The screen is split into two tabs:
- Software – View and download the available software for your organisation’s BCS software level (e.g. 30B)
- Software Filter – view and edit the BCS software level to filter the Software list to (by default this is set to the version of BCS on your test installations)
Downloading a File
To download a file from the DataLounge:
- Click on the relevant package listed (e.g. “30B QuantityWare “Notes” Transports”, see right)
The package will expand to reveal all the downloadable files, along with a package description and descriptions of each file.
- For each file to download:
- Read the description
- Optionally click on any supporting document links in the description
- Click the file name (e.g. “NOTE-0071-30x.SAR”)
- Read the warning notice
- Click “OK”if you agree
The file will be downloaded to your device.
- It is vital that the software files we share with customers are protected against modifications after upload, during the download process (a “man in the middle” attack), or after downloading.
- To help achieve this, we use file checksums.
- Learn how to ensure the integrity of your downloaded files in our File Checksums article
- Only the Technical Role may download files from the DataLounge.
- If clicking on files doesn’t start the download process, you don’t have download access. At the top of the tab you’ll see a list of those people at your organisation who do in the “Need to Download Files?” message. Please speak with them if you need any files downloaded.
Package for your BCS Software Level not shown?
- The DataLounge is configured by default to show only those packages/files relevant to the version of BCS your organisation is using in your test installation(s).
- To change the version filtered to, see Changing the Software Filter below.
Changing the Software Filter
The DataLounge is configured by default to show only those packages/files relevant to the version of BCS your organisation is using in your test installation(s), according to our records.
This ensures that the CSPs, Notes and Versions made available to you are compatible with your organisation’s level of BCS and prevents the installation of notes and CSPs that are incompatible with your BCS installation.
If the filter applied does not match the actual version of BCS your organisation has deployed to your test installation(s), or you wish to download files for your productive BCS installation(s), which are running on a different version of BCS, you can change the software filter via one of three methods:
- Method 1: Switch between Test and Productive Version
- Method 2: Change your Organisation’s Test or Productive Version
- Method 3: View Files for ALL Versions (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Instructions for all three methods are shown on the next page.
Method 1: Switch between Test and Productive Version
To switch the software filter from your organisation’s Test BCS version to its Productive version (and vice-versa):
- Click the “Software Filter” tab
- Select the software level to filter to (Test or Productive Level)
The DataLounge will be refreshed immediately and the filter applied to the Software list.
Method 2: Change your Organisation’s Test or Productive Version
If our record of your BCS version is inaccurate for either your Test or Productive BCS installations, you can change this permanently as follows:
- Click the “Customer” menu
- Select “Customer Profile”
The Customer Profile will load
- Click the “Software” tab
- Change the Test or Productive software levels by selecting the appropriate BCS version from the “Test” or “Productive” drop down lists, respectively. *
- Click “Save Changes”
Your changes will be saved, and the screen will refresh.
- Return to the DataLounge to view files for your newly specified software version
- If you have a Test-level agreement with QuantityWare, you won’t have any Productive systems with QuantityWare installed.
- Once a Productive agreement has been created with QuantityWare, Productive software level will be set / editable.
Method 3: View Files for ALL Versions
- We do not recommend viewing files for all versions of BCS.
- The software filter ensures that the CSPs, Notes and Versions made available to you are compatible with your organisation’s level of BCS and prevents the installation of notes and CSPs that are incompatible with your BCS installation.
To view files for all version of BCS:
- Click the “Software Filter” tab
- Click “View all notes / previous version”
- Read the confirmation notice
- Click “OK” if you wish to go ahead
The DataLounge will reload immediately, showing a list of software for ALL BCS versions.
Back to Service Portal Guide