BCS Usage Key Installation Instructions
Need the full BCS Technical Installation Guide?
- This article describes the steps to apply a QuantityWare BCP or BCG Usage Key to your installation only.
- To view the full BCS Technical Installation Guide, which defines all steps, additional documents and notes that should be followed when installing or upgrading a BCS or BCP installation, please click here.
The QuantityWare BCP or BCG usage key is installed via the Petroleum Measurement Cockpit (PMC – transaction /qtyw/cockpit) or Gas Measurement Cockpit (GMC – transaction /n/qtyw/cockpit_gas).
For every SAP system, you need to install its own SAP system-specific usage key.
Older BCS Versions
If you have not installed BCS 3.0A CSP02 or BCS 3.0B CSP01 (released September 2021):
- The menu item to select is “Licenses” (not “Usage Keys”)
- In the maintenance dialog box, “Usage Keys” are referred to as “Licenses” or “License Keys”
- Launch the PMC or GMC, then select menu path Cockpit → Usage Keys:
- The usage key maintenance dialog box appears:
- Paste the key into the “New usage key” data entry field
- Select “Install”.
- The key is checked and installed if it fits to your SAP system parameters.
- You may then display the key validity by repeating steps 1 and 2 and then selecting “Display” in the usage key dialog box.